June 8th - 12th (Music Week 34)

 

UPCOMING DATES

Grade 6 Farewell - June 24th @ 10:30 am

Sports Day - June 25th pm

Year End Assembly - June 26th @ 10 am

EMBRACE MUSIC WHILE SWIRLING AROUND IN YOUR LIVES WITH KIDS:

Encourage ability and focus on strengths; encourage kids to take risks and understand what they can do. Amazing things happen when kids practice self acceptance and realize the beautiful potential that lives inside of them. 

I could suggest many inspirational songs here but maybe this is something to explore. How does music engage you? How does music compel you to explore different aspects of who you are? Is there a song that creates inspiration for you to explore possibility?  Ask kids. Often the music that they like is appealing because it exudes a vibe through rhythmic or melodic appeal, it's not necessarily because they connect to the lyrics. 

EVERYONE:

-I can use movement to show musical form.

-I can improvise movement to show beat.

-I can sing as part of a unison group sound.

All groups worked on fundamentals this week to reinforce rhythmic awareness, understanding of form and tuneful singing. Most importantly, we focused on connecting through music and appreciating the joy that is gifted to us through making music as a group.

Best wishes for a good week!

Mrs. M.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 2 - 5 (Music Week 1)

September 22 - 26 (Music Week 4)

December 15 - 19 (Music week 12)