June 22nd - 26th (Final Music Week 36)

FINAL MUSIC WEEK...

An overwhelming number of things happen in an elementary school during the last week of June - all experiences focused on creating positive connections and truly an opportunity to create cherished, long lasting memories. 

There was some singing and moving and lots of laughter in our musical endeavours this week. Many of the students were clamouring for extra opportunities to bring additional singing and movement to the school community but time ticks away quickly in the final days and we don't always have windows of opportunity to do all the things. Some of it can wait until we resume in the fall - the thing about time (especially during a school day) is that it is finite, we can't generate more of it through any means currently availble to us!

Thank you to everyone for ongoing support of all things musical. I can't appropriately express all of my gratitude through words; I don't think there is even a song that adequately conveys my appreciation for everything that I have experienced this year through finding joy in the beautifully nuanced context of elementary music. Instead, I'll share something that I was told as a young singer: 'Music is the silence between the notes.' 

Enjoy this pause as an opportunity to embrace the wisdom of Debussy in the midst of a school year silence. Best wishes for a beautiful summer.

Katie McMillan

PS Thank you for all of the generous gifts, cards and hugs!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 2 - 5 (Music Week 1)

September 22 - 26 (Music Week 4)

December 15 - 19 (Music week 12)